Following on from the BBC restoration program in 2003, in 2004 a group of visitors donned hard hats for a tour of the house. Several of these already had experience of volunteering with the National Trust and during the visit the discussion turned to the possibility of volunteering at Poltimore House to help with the recovery and restoration. And so The Friends of Poltimore House group was started.
Over the years this has expanded to include volunteers who help with maintaining the grounds and running events as well as a worldwide membership who support the work that is being done.
Benefits of becoming a Friend of Poltimore House include
- knowing your contributions help with the ongoing maintenance
- receiving an early copy of the Friends Newsletter
- free entry to open days and reduced price tickets to many of the events.
- having a vote at General Meetings
- being able to stand for office
Membership is £10 for an individual and £15 for a family.